The work week is from Sunday to Thursday, with Friday and Saturday being the weekend for most people. Government working hours are from 7am to 2pm.
Electricity voltage is 220-240v with a frequency of 50 Hertz. British standard plugs are used.
Arabic is the official language but English is widely spoken in every part of the country.
- Marhaba or Salaam (Hello)
- Ma’assalama (Goodbye)
- Keef halak? (How are you?)
- Al Hamdillilah (Thanks God – answer to ‘How are you?’)
- Sabah al khair (Good Morning)
- Masaa al khair (Good Evening)
- Ismee (My name is…)
- Aaywa (Yes)
- La’a (No)
- Shukran (Thanks)
- Ahlan wa sahlan (You are welcome)